It’s an era of digitalisation and Invidia is no exception to this. The Government of India under the “Digital India Programme” introduced a one-point digital common service scheme. The main aim of this scheme is to build a digitally and financially independent country where everyone has access to the latest technologies and services. This scheme is known as Digital Seva Common Service Center (CSC). It has been introduced by Prime Minister “Mr. Narendra Modi” as part of Digital India Programme on July 01st, 2015.
DIGITAL SEVA COMMON SERVICE CENTER (CSC)
CSCs are the centers established by the Government of India in rural areas to provide multiple services under one roof. These centers offer different services at one place like Aadhar registrations, public utility, social welfare schemes, healthcare, financial, education, and agriculture services.
OBJECTIVES OF COMMON SERVICE CENTER (CSCs)
The main object of these centers is to provide services of the Government of India to citizens (G2C). It offers an opportunity to various business owners operating at a small scale or at village entrepreneur level or MSME sector to expand their business and avail different facilities. The other main objective is to maintain data and information about the citizens of the country and to maintain their family health records.
SERVICES OFFERED BY DIGITAL SEVA COMMON SERVICE CENTER (CSC)
1. Digital Seva Common Service Center offers a number of services in the areas of e-governance, travelling, education, employment, health, medical, as well as other private services.
2. It provides Government to Citizen (G2C) Services which is regulated and driven by both central and state like- online FIR facility, birth, and death certificate application facility, ration card services, etc.
3. CSC helps the citizens to get information, knowledge and helps in developing the skills of the people.
4. Other services are as follows:
- Agriculture Services
The centers provide various services to help farmers. The services help in the elimination of the middlemen concept so that they can sell the products directly to the ultimate consumer. Such services include more of the following:
a. Farmer Registration Facility
b. Agricultural machine store facility
c. Online stores to maintain Agriculture record and details
- Education & Training Services
The centers provide training facility with the students in villages and provide an opportunity to every individual to develop their skills and get the employment opportunity as per their skills. Under these services, Digital Seva Common Service Center provides the facility of classes and certification courses in various fields, such as:
1. Certification course in Tally
2. Consultancy provided through an online platform
3. Facility to choose course one is interested in.
4. Industrial training is also provided
- Health Services
The centers one of the objectives is to provide the medical facility at affordable prices to every individual in India even in rural areas. It includes the following services:
a. Full-body Health Check-ups facility
b. Registration facility in Jan Aushadhi Programme (it is launched by the Government to provide quality medicines at affordable prices)
c. Ayurvedic Medicines
d. Under this Programme, more than 400 doctors and healthcare professionals provide consultancy services every day
- Rural Banking & Insurance Services
CSC offers various facilities in rural banking and insurance sector as well which includes the following services:
a. Rural Authorised Person (RAP) Registration facility – In this, the person gets the authority to negotiate insurance policy with a client on behalf of the insurance company
b. Loan services including micro-credit facility
c. Insurance facility is provided with Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC)
- Aadhar Services
CSCs helps and provide Aadhar related services like Updation or correction in details of Aadhar Number. It also provides the facility of e- KYC as one does not have to go anywhere. This is one of the key services of Digital Seva Common Service Center
- Other Commercial Services (DTP, Printing, Internet Browsing, Village level BPO, travel-related services like bus ticket booking, flight tickets, facility of Jeevan Pramaan which is Aadhar based Digital Life Certificate for Pensioners in India, etc.)
PROCEDURE FOR REGISTRATION ON ONLINE PORTAL OF COMMON SERVICE CENTRE
To register on the portal of Digital Seva Common Service Center, follow the steps below:
1. Visit the portal at register.csc.gov.in
2. Click on the button “Apply” and then click on option “NEW REGISTRATION”
- Select the application type from one of the options: CSC VLE (Village Level Entrepreneur), Self Help Group (SHG), RDD Registration
4. After selecting application type, it will ask for the respective code, enter that code of your organization (for example if you select SHG, then the screen will show like this)
5. Enter the mobile number
6. Then enter the captcha code and click on Submit.
Once you are registered on the Digital Seva Common Service Center portal, you may start using the facilities provided by the Government of India.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
1. Which government body regulates the Digital Seva Common Service Centre (CSCs) Facility?
The Programme is directly regulated by the Government of India in association with various ministries and departments. The Ministry of Electronics & IT of India has developed the portal and is maintaining the data of citizens of India.
2. What is VLE?
VLE means Village Level Entrepreneurs who are responsible and authorized by the Government of India to operate Digital Seva Common Service Center established in various areas. They are also known as the CSC Operators and helps in providing various online public utility and financial services to citizens, along with quality healthcare facilities in smaller towns even in rural areas across the country.
3. Does CSC provide online payment services?
Yes CSC provides the facility of making online payment of bill, money transfer and many other facilities.
4. What are the fees to register for VLE?
There is no fees for the registration of Village Level Entrepreneurs (VLE) on the CSC portal as it a free of cost service from Government of India.
5. How can I check the status of my application?
You can check the status by clicking on the option of “apply now” click on “Status Check”. It will ask for the application reference number issued at the time of registration on the portal. Enter the application number and click on submit.
6. Can I take a loan from the CSCs?
CSCs will not provide direct loan but they will help you to avail one from the banks associated with this Programme. They will help in completing the procedure and will assist you throughout the process.
7. What is G2C & B2C?
G2C is the Government to Citizen based Services which includes the services offered by the Government of India for the citizens of the country. It includes services like Bharat bill Pay facility where you can make the payment of electricity bill, telephone bill etc.
B2C is a business to citizen services which includes services like mobile recharge facility, payment of mobile bill facility and DTH Recharge.
8. Is it necessary to visit CSC for health checkup and consultancy every time?
No, it is not necessary as there are doctors under this Programme who provides video consultancy about the latest medicine facility and healthcare-related awareness. You can avail that facility and consult about the health issues with the most efficient team of doctors.
9. What is Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Scheme?
It is a scheme which provides medicines at an affordable price for all the citizens of the country. The main aim of the scheme is to make quality medicines for all the citizens in the country. It even provides medicines at a low price to poor people.
10. Who can register for the National Pension Scheme (NPS) under this Digital Seva Common Service Centre?
A resident and non- resident citizen of India who is of the age of 18-65 years and has some source of salary or income. KYC compliance is necessary as one has to be KYC compliant as all the documents are required to be present.
StairFirst is an e-service platform which provides company registration, corporate compliances, income tax-related and other professional services related to startups / new and old businesses. Contact Us for details.